This Roasted Brinjal (Aubergine/Eggplant) & Tahini Pasta is the perfect meal to make this weekend. The pasta dish is completely vegan but it tastes super creamy and rich!
- Chop two aubergines in half length ways and place on a roasting tin.
- Chop 4 large vine tomatoes in half and put on another roasting tin alongside 3 peeled (not chopped) cloves of garlic, 1 whole onion chopped in half and 1 de-seeded red chilli.
- Drizzle them all with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pop them all in the oven for 40 mins at 180 degrees C.
- Once all the veg is cooked and soft, put the tomatoes, chilli, onion and garlic in a blender.
- Scoop the aubergine out of their shells and add it to the blender too.
- Season with some black pepper and blend well into a sauce.
- Boil your pasta. I made enough for 4 large portions. Then drain the pasta and cover the pasta with the sauce.
- Mix in well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, chilli flakes, pine nuts and a big spoonful of tahini. (Buy Tahini here)