Potatoes with Green Tahini Sauce
- 1kg small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons salt plus 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Old Stone Mill Tahini, at room temperature (Buy here)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water at room temperature, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1.Place potatoes in a large pot, add 2 tablespoons salt and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Let the potatoes cool to room temperature in the water, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Drain and cut the potatoes in half.
2. Combine coriander, tahini, lemon juice and water in a food processor (or blender); process until very smooth, adding additional room--temperature water by the tablespoon as needed for a smooth sauce.
3. Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the tahini sauce, parsley and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with oil just before serving.
#theoldstonemill #healthyeating #tahini #tahiniTuesday
*recipe and picture courtesy of Eating Well Magazine